Conditions We Treat
Our Approach to Treatment
We understand that mental health is a complex and individualized matter. That’s why our approach to treatment is centered around your specific needs.
Our team of licensed therapists, psychiatrists and mental health specialists collaborate to create personalized treatment plans that address the symptoms and underlying factors contributing to your condition.
Below are a few of the most common conditions we treat.
- Depression: Overcoming the weight of depression requires a holistic approach. Our therapies, interventions and TMS treatments are designed to empower you on your path to recovery from minor to major depressive disorder, postpartum depression and more.
- Anxiety Disorders: Whether you’re facing generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety, or panic disorder, our evidence-based treatments can help you manage and reduce your anxiety symptoms.
- Bipolar Disorder: Our experienced team provides support and treatment for individuals dealing with the challenges of bipolar disorder, helping you find stability and improved quality of life.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma: Trauma can leave lasting scars, but healing is possible. Our trauma-focused therapies can guide you toward recovery. We honor the strength and sacrifice of our military personnel, Veterans and first responders by offering specialized care that acknowledges your unique experiences. We also treat complex, childhood and emotional trauma.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Our specialists work with you to develop strategies that manage and alleviate the distressing symptoms of OCD. We also offer TMS treatment to stimulate specific areas of the brain, so we can help you experience a reduction in OCD symptoms.
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Our team helps individuals of all ages manage the challenges of ADHD, offering tools to improve focus, organization and overall functioning.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Through evidence-based therapies and a deep understanding of autism, we guide individuals on a journey of self-discovery and development. From early intervention for children to support for adults, we’re here to equip individuals and families with the tools needed to navigate life’s challenges.
- Personality Disorders: Our experienced clinicians are well-versed in the complexities of personality disorders and are here to help you make sense of your experiences.
- Schizophrenia/Psychotic Disorders: Recovery from schizophrenia and psychotic disorders is possible. Our mission is to empower you with the tools, strategies and support necessary to manage symptoms and enhance your quality of life. Through a combination of therapy, medication management and holistic approaches, we’ll work together to foster stability and well-being.
- Grief and Loss: Losing a loved one can bring about a range of emotions, from sadness and anger to confusion and isolation. We’re here to listen and provide the support needed to process your feelings and find healthy coping methods.
- Anger Management: Anger is a natural emotion, but when left unchecked, it can lead to strained relationships, poor decision-making, and an overall sense of unease. At Family Care Center, our approach to anger management is rooted in empathy and practical strategies. We recognize that everyone’s triggers and responses are unique, which is why our expert team tailors our interventions to suit your specific needs.
- Adjustment Disorders: Whether you’re experiencing divorce, financial stress, a major life change, or transition, the impact can sometimes become overwhelming. Our providers specialize in creating targeted treatment for adjustment disorders, helping you navigate through the complexities that arise from life’s unexpected events.
- Eating Disorders: We provide a safe space to address eating disorders, focusing on both the physical and psychological aspects of your recovery.
- Addiction: Our integrated approach addresses the complex relationship between mental health and addiction, guiding you toward a healthier lifestyle.
Multidisciplinary Clinical Services:
- Provided by Family Care Center’s psychiatrists and psychiatric NPs and PAs
- Prescribing providers collaborate with therapists to conduct diagnostic assessments and, where appropriate, prescribe medications
- Multidisciplinary team coordination improves the patient experience and optimizes access for new patients
- We provide a spectrum of evidence-based individual treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), psychodynamic therapy and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- The multidisciplinary staff also offers group therapies, play therapy, family therapy and couples therapy
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- We use TMS to augment the care of patients with treatment-resistant depression and OCD
- Approximately 1% of all Family Care Center patients receive TMS
- Those that have received TMS experience outstanding clinical outcomes. 75% report a clinically significant positive response