Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
TMS Therapy Reviews & Testimonials
Advantages of TMS
- An effective FDA-approved treatment without medication
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is a an FDA cleared method to treat Major Depressive Disorder, OCD, and Smoking Cessation
- Complimentary to medication and/or talk therapy
- Does not require medications to be effective and has no drug-related side effects
- No downtime from work, school, or social activities
TMS Treatment for Depression
Antidepressant medications and psychotherapy are usually the first treatments for major depression. These treatments, however, do not work for everyone. In these instances, TMS may be an effective option to augment antidepressant medications and psychotherapy. Patients who have not experienced a good response from antidepressants, or who are unable to tolerate medications, might consider TMS therapy.
What to Expect
You'll sit in a comfortable chair, wearing ear plugs, with the magnetic coil placed against your head.
When the machine is turned on, you'll hear clicking sounds and feel tapping on your forehead.
The procedure will last about 25 minutes, and you'll remain awake and alert.
After each treatment, you can return to your normal daily activities.