Out-of-network & Self-Pay
We understand that therapy is an important investment in your well-being, and we’re here to help you find a solution that works for you. Let our billing experts help you through insurance coverage and payment options so you can focus on your journey to recovery.
Billing Options at Family Care Center
At Family Care Center, we are proud to be in-network with most major insurance companies. If we are in-network, we will work to authorize your care prior to your visit and submit billing directly to your insurance company for payment.
Insurance companies we work with include, but are not limited to:
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
- United Healthcare
- VA Community Care Network
- And more
If Family Care Center is out-of-network (not in-network) with your insurance company, you are still able to receive care. Many insurance plans include out-of-network benefits that allow patients to see out-of-network providers and then submit a request for reimbursement. In these cases, we will charge patients self-pay rates and, most of the time, can help you submit a reimbursement claim to your insurance company (see below).
Out-of-Network Billing & Claims Support
Contact your insurance provider to confirm your out-of-network benefits, deductible and any referral requirements. Their phone number can be easily found on the back of your insurance card. Once you make an appointment, our team will try and help you determine your coverage and payment options.
You will pay for your appointment at our self-pay rates, either at the time of your appointment or when you receive your billing invoice.
Out-of-network benefit claims can be processed in a couple of ways:
- Our team will do our best to send a “courtesy claim” on your behalf to your insurance company, eliminating your need to file a claim for reimbursement. We cannot control the timeframe that it takes your insurance company to reimburse you, but we will file your claim in a timely manner.
- If we cannot send a “courtesy claim,” please request an itemized receipt from our billing department and process the claim directly with your insurance company. Contact our billing department at [email protected] or call them directly at 719-540-2131.
Download the billing & reimbursement process.
FAQs for Your Insurance Provider
Understanding insurance can be complicated. Here are some questions that you may want to ask your insurance provider when seeking mental health care.
- Does my plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I need a referral to begin care?
- Am I able to see a provider virtually?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- Can I use an HSA or FSA card to pay for services?
- How do I submit a claim for reimbursement?
- How long should I expect to wait for a claim to be paid?